Monitoring and Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions for the EU Emissions Trading Scheme
Industrial Air Monitoring Consultants are now running intensive one-day courses for process operators, environmental managers and internal auditors who need a detailed understanding of the requirements to monitor greenhouse gases for compliance with the European Union’s Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS).
The course focuses on compliance issues in Phase III of the scheme and is relevant to all those who have the responsibility of reducing the technical and financial risk associated with the application of EU ETS. Presented by a former technical advisor to the Environment Agency on EU ETS.
Anyone with an EU ETS related role or responsibility. So process operators who collect data and maintain the metering systems, environmental managers who write procedures, collate the monitoring data and calculate the emissions and managers who have some EU ETS responsibilities and need to understand the technical and financial risks associated with EU ETS.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of emissions trading and its place with environmental treaties
- Navigate around the EU ETS directive, the Monitoring and Reporting Regulations and the associated European Commission Guidance and templates.
- Identify the qualification criteria for the annex 1 activities and be aware of the boundary issues associated with these activities
- Define the correct calculation approaches applicable to Annex 1 activities using the appropriate tiered calculation factors
- Understand the operators duties as specified in the conditions of the GHG and EIE permits
- Complete an uncertainty assessment and unreasonable cost calculation
The course is run nationally at various venues or it can be presented at your premises to reduce your staff’s travel and subsistence costs. The course is made up of presentations and workshops. Certificates of attendance are provided for delegates’ training records and for presenting to auditors to provide evidence of competence and risk management.
For more information regarding this course, please contact Alan Lloyd:
Tel: 01948 665525
Mobile: 07966 524416